Welcome to Your Riding Success – the website designed to help you experience the success you want in your riding and in your life!
Hello!!! My name is Natasha Althoff and the reason I get out of bed every morning is to inspire others to go for their dreams.
That’s what Your Riding Success is all about! It’s about not listening to anyone else, no more excuses, no limitations, no reasons allowed. What is your riding dream and how do we go about making it come true?
We create our own reality. The life we live is the one we wanted. So if you are experiencing something you don’t like, if you want something to be different. Then CHANGE it! I firmly believe we can create anything we want for ourselves. If your riding dream is to canter a circle – you can do it! If your riding dream is to win the Olympics – you can do it too! The unconscious brain can not tell the difference between a goal of brushing your teeth in the morning and a goal of winning the Olympics with 100%. It simply goes about getting the job done.
I’ve been lucky. Ever since I was very young I told everyone who asked what I was going to be when I grew up that I was “going to ride black horses”. They laughed and said but you can’t do that, what about a job? Don’t be silly that’s stupid! And other dream-crushing and destroying remarks.
Luckily for me I refused to listen to anyone and stayed steadfastly believing I was going to ride black horses… 20 years later and that’s exactly what I do.
So what about you? What are your dreams? What were you told was silly or impossible? Maybe you think you are too old, to inexperienced, too busy or it’s too late for you. All that is true – if you believe it. Lucky for you I don’t, so if you are tired of dreaming rather than experiencing, wanting instead of having, and hoping rather than getting… then you are in the right place!
And here are the stats if you need them!! 🙂
Natasha Althoff has been riding for 19 years, and riding competitively in EA for 15 years. She has been an FEI rider since 2004, and a Grand Prix rider since 2011.
She was a member of the Victorian EFA Young Rider, ‘Stars of the Future,’ “A” Squad in 2001 and 2002, until she turned 21. She is also a NLP practioner and NLP Master Practioner, certifed practitioner of hypnotherapy and Time Line therapy, certified Matrix therapist and Master Matrix therapist as well as a qualified performance coach.
– Competed and won at Grand Prix level (including CDI and Kur) with scores of over 63.9% in 2012 and 2013
– Won at Intermediate II level with scores over 59.9%
– Competed at Intermediate I level with scores over 63.5%
– Competed at Prix St George level with scores over 62%
– Won at Advanced level with scores over 64%
– Qualified and competed at the Australian National Dressage Championships in the Advanced Freestyle, coming in 5th Place with 65.083% in 2009
– Advanced Champion at Peppercorn Equestrian centre in 2003
– Advanced Champion at Westernport Dressage Club 2009
– Won at Medium level with scores over 66%
– Won at Elementary level with scores over 70%
– Elementary Champion at South Eastern Dressage Club 2006
– Qualified and came 6th at the Australian National Dressage Championships at Elementary level
– Won at Novice level with scores over 71%
– Novice Champion at Whittlesea Dressage Club 2006
– Novice Champion at Westernport Dressage Club 2006
– Novice Champion at Western Victorian Dressage Club 2009
– Won at Preliminary level with scores over 72%
– Preliminary Champion at South Eastern Dressage Club 2006
– Qualified and came 6th at Victorian State Championships in Preliminary in 2008
– Competed at the Australian Young Rider Dressage Championships in 2002
– Competed at the Victorian Dressage Championships in 2003, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010
Read below for what legendary Grand Prix rider and trainer Sabine Shut-Kery has to say about Natasha:
9th April 2006
Natasha Althoff came to work with me while I was operating my own business from Proud Meadows Farm in 2005. At that time, I was riding and training select Proud Meadows Friesian Stallions as well as other horses belonging to my own clients. Natasha is a very positive and friendly person who is always respectful and polite to my clients.
She is kind to the horses and understands different horse personalities. In her riding, under my supervision, she was able to quickly adjust and adapt to each different horse. She is a very good student who quickly grasped my teaching and was able to transfer this to the horses. She has a very balanced seat and is able to communicate and give correct aids to the horse. Natasha helped with the day-to-day exercising of all stallions, hacking them out, lunging them and warming them up. She was very helpful in assisting me at two shows I attended, always willing to do anything I asked, exactly when I asked. Natasha also filled in and rode in on one of the rehearsals of my eight-horse quadrille
I prepared for Dressage at Devon, featuring four Andalusian stallions and four Friesian stallions.
She is very good at riding different horses, especially the young horses. As I became increasingly confident in her riding abilities, I asked her to ride my newly backed three-year-old Andalusian stallion, which she did very well. In a short amount of time she was able to handle all the different stallions that I have in my training program in addition to a three-year-old warm blood mare.
Natasha willingly works the long hours required when working with horses or in the horse business. I believe she has what it takes to become a good horse woman , one that always puts the wellbeing of the horse before her own interest!
“At first, dreams seem impossible, then improbable, and eventually inevitable.” ~ Christopher Reeve