Welcome to Your Confident Riding Success!!! This website is designed to help you overcome fear, increase your confidence and achieve the success you want in your riding.
Hello!!! My name is Natasha Althoff and the reason I get out of bed every morning is to inspire others to go for their dreams.
I understand in order to do that, a lot of riders need help in overcoming fear and shaking off their doubts and insecurities in order for them to experience the joy and freedom of riding that they fell in love with in the first place.
We create our own reality. The life we live is the one we wanted. So if you are experiencing something you don’t like, if you want something to be different. Then CHANGE it! I firmly believe we can create anything we want for ourselves. You can feel confident, secure, and completely trusting in your riding. All you need is to learn the tools and strategies you need to know.
Like you, I know what it’s like to feel fear. Being bucked off my stallion and breaking my back in two places I remember crawling on my stomach, pulling myself along with my arms thinking, I can’t get back on this horse in case he does this again. Lying on that hospital trolley I felt sick at the thought of getting back on that stallion. I felt like I couldn’t do it anymore. Then I discovered NLP and with my learnings became a Grand Prix rider – a rider that feels confident, excited and happy every time she swings her leg over the horse.
This is what I want for you. I believe every rider has a right to love their riding, and to enjoy it to its full potential. That’s why we go into horse sin the first place. So enjoy my site expiring all the free resources, and I look forward to welcoming you into the Breakthrough to Confident Riding Success Program.
Who is Natasha?
Natasha Althoff has been riding for 19 years, and riding competitively in EA for 15 years. She has been an FEI rider since 2004, and a Grand Prix rider since 2011.
She was a member of the Victorian EFA Young Rider, ‘Stars of the Future,’ “A” Squad in 2001 and 2002, until she turned 21. She is also a NLP practioner and NLP Master Practioner, certifed practitioner of hypnotherapy and Time Line therapy, certified Matrix therapist and Master Matrix therapist as well as a qualified performance coach.
– Competed and won at Grand Prix level (including CDI and Kur) with scores of over 63.9% in 2012 and 2013
– Won at Intermediate II level with scores over 59.9%
– Competed at Intermediate I level with scores over 63.5%
– Competed at Prix St George level with scores over 62%
– Won at Advanced level with scores over 64%
– Qualified and competed at the Australian National Dressage Championships in the Advanced Freestyle, coming in 5th Place with 65.083% in 2009
– Advanced Champion at Peppercorn Equestrian centre in 2003
– Advanced Champion at Westernport Dressage Club 2009
– Won at Medium level with scores over 66%
– Won at Elementary level with scores over 70%
– Elementary Champion at South Eastern Dressage Club 2006
– Qualified and came 6th at the Australian National Dressage Championships at Elementary level
– Won at Novice level with scores over 71%
– Novice Champion at Whittlesea Dressage Club 2006
– Novice Champion at Westernport Dressage Club 2006
– Novice Champion at Western Victorian Dressage Club 2009
– Won at Preliminary level with scores over 72%
– Preliminary Champion at South Eastern Dressage Club 2006
– Qualified and came 6th at Victorian State Championships in Preliminary in 2008
– Competed at the Australian Young Rider Dressage Championships in 2002
– Competed at the Victorian Dressage Championships in 2003, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010
Read below for what legendary Grand Prix rider and trainer Sabine Shut-Kery has to say about Natasha:
9th April 2006
Natasha Althoff came to work with me while I was operating my own business from Proud Meadows Farm in 2005. At that time, I was riding and training select Proud Meadows Friesian Stallions as well as other horses belonging to my own clients. Natasha is a very positive and friendly person who is always respectful and polite to my clients.
She is kind to the horses and understands different horse personalities. In her riding, under my supervision, she was able to quickly adjust and adapt to each different horse. She is a very good student who quickly grasped my teaching and was able to transfer this to the horses. She has a very balanced seat and is able to communicate and give correct aids to the horse. Natasha helped with the day-to-day exercising of all stallions, hacking them out, lunging them and warming them up. She was very helpful in assisting me at two shows I attended, always willing to do anything I asked, exactly when I asked. Natasha also filled in and rode in on one of the rehearsals of my eight-horse quadrille
I prepared for Dressage at Devon, featuring four Andalusian stallions and four Friesian stallions.
She is very good at riding different horses, especially the young horses. As I became increasingly confident in her riding abilities, I asked her to ride my newly backed three-year-old Andalusian stallion, which she did very well. In a short amount of time she was able to handle all the different stallions that I have in my training program in addition to a three-year-old warm blood mare.
Natasha willingly works the long hours required when working with horses or in the horse business. I believe she has what it takes to become a good horse woman , one that always puts the wellbeing of the horse before her own interest!
“At first, dreams seem impossible, then improbable, and eventually inevitable.” ~ Christopher Reeve